Today, for many women hair removal is more than a process or routine. It is a full-on battle. The current styles and trends call for a smooth and hair free physique. Obtaining a bare body is not always easy and affordable; it can be also painful and time consuming. From razors to lasers, electrolysis and chemical depilatories to waxing there is no one-size-fits all solution.
We use only the best products, and offer hair removal at an affordable price.
What is a Brazilian? It is the removal of all pubic hair with waxing.
(at this time, our therapists are trained to perform this service on female clients only)
What can I expect? Will I have some irritation and redness? Irritation and redness are common responses, due to the histamine reaction caused by the removal of the hair by the root. You will experience some discomfort. We suggest maintenance of every 3-4 weeks which reduces the thickness of hair re-growth. If you keep up a regular schedule of hair removal every 3-4 weeks your discomfort level will decrease.
Before and After Care instruction for waxing:
- no tanning 24 hrs before and after service
- refrain from working out 24 hrs after service to prevent skin irritation and ingrown hairs
- good exfoliation and hair trimming is recommended, 1/16 – 1/8 inch is the best hair length
- absolutely no waxing if you are taking Accutane, Retin-A or other topical medication, please consult your physician first
- if you are under 18, we will need written parent consent
- to prevent ingrown hairs, continue daily exfoliation
At C.Joy Salon we believe that sugaring is usually a better choice to waxing, especially for delicate areas: Brazilian, bikini, underarm and face. The hair is removed in the direction of growth, rather than against it, like waxing. The benefits are less painful and gentler on the skin.
Also, keep in mind that when sugaring the hair follicles are not broken at the surface resulting in less ingrown hair problems. The more you sugar, the more fine & sparse the regrowth is, allowing for more time in between treatments. Exfoliating the area thoroughly before and after treatment is recommended and should also help with ingrown hairs.
Waxing is preferred for legs and eye brows. However, our staff will always accommodate your preferred method of treatment.
Book an appointment either online at CarolannJoySalon.com or call 425-577.6232 for an appointment!
Dr. Dennis Gross’ Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel is all the rave! This product has been featured in Allure, InStyle & Lucky Magazines. Get smoother, firmer and a more even complexion in just 2 minutes a day! This regimen includes Microexfoliation; a gentle, non-irritating method of removing cellular debris from the surface of the skin.
Recently, a BeautyNewsNYC editor posted a glowing review of the Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel, stating “When finished, my skin felt like velvet and looked absolutely incredible. It glowed with brightness and radiance, and was hydrated and plumped.”
So get your skin ready for the summer sun with a gentle peel that will revive any ‘tired’ winter skin.
Facelogic Spa Redmond Donated Make Up Applications, Samples, and Discount services to the Swag Bags. Make sure to check it out!
No Scream Cream & Get the Bump Outta Here
Let us help you with all your Waxing and Sugaring needs!
Nothing wreaks your skin’s appearance quite like large pores. They’re easily clogged and give your complexion a rough texture and dull tone. Several treatments can reduce the appearance of large pores for brighter, healthier looking skin.
As your skin naturally regenerates (a process that slows as you age), it sloughs off dead, dry cells. Pores “catch” them and get clogged. Gentle exfoliation will polish them away for smoother, brighter skin.
Regular, professional skincare is the top method of managing enlarged pores. We always customize your facial to your exact needs, too, and are happy to extract blackheads—the result of clogged pores.
You can schedule an appointment with us for a facial at Carolannjoysalon.com or call us at 425-577-6232
You wash your face in the morning and evening, but are you careful to keep it clean during the day? Here’s how:
1. Keep your hands away from your face. Touching or picking blemishes can cause them to rupture and spread bacteria and can even create permanent scarring.
2. Wash your makeup brushes once a week. Bacteria can build up and then transfer to your skin.
3. Drink green tea and water to detoxify and hydrate your skin from the inside out.
4. Always shower or wash your face after working out. Sweat and bacteria can congest your pores.
5. Shield your forehead when using hairspray.
6. Before applying makeup, always wash your hands.
7. Learn to manage stress, since it produces chemicals that harm your body and skin.
8. Maintain regular monthly facials for deep cleaning.
9. Choose makeup and skincare products labeled “noncomedogenic.” They won’t clog your pores, so your skin can breathe.
10. Change your pillowcase often.