You wash your face in the morning and evening, but are you careful to keep it clean during the day? Here’s how:
1. Keep your hands away from your face. Touching or picking blemishes can cause them to rupture and spread bacteria and can even create permanent scarring.
2. Wash your makeup brushes once a week. Bacteria can build up and then transfer to your skin.
3. Drink green tea and water to detoxify and hydrate your skin from the inside out.
4. Always shower or wash your face after working out. Sweat and bacteria can congest your pores.
5. Shield your forehead when using hairspray.
6. Before applying makeup, always wash your hands.
7. Learn to manage stress, since it produces chemicals that harm your body and skin.
8. Maintain regular monthly facials for deep cleaning.
9. Choose makeup and skincare products labeled “noncomedogenic.” They won’t clog your pores, so your skin can breathe.
10. Change your pillowcase often.